The Playstation 3 (a.k.a. PS3) is among the most powerful and preferred gaming consoles out available on the market correct now. Regrettably, the celebrity won’t appear and not using a couple of flaws. The PS3 was intended to be slick and exquisite, nonetheless it seems the identical sort of attention to engineering wasn’t offered to your Playstation 3’s cooling abilities. One among essentially the most popular challenges with present day gaming consoles like the Playstation 3 is the incapability to help keep by itself cool. When overheated, the Playstation 3 will no longer switch on. Symptoms of the difficulty contain the process “beeping” three instances plus a yellow flashing light-weight close to the on button. This PS3 issue is highly cited because the “Yellow Gentle of Death” or YLOD. Let us see what we can do to revive this high-priced paper body weight back to life particularly if your guarantee no longer applies that site.
Good news, a PS3 correct does exist! For a make any difference of fact, there is certainly a deal with for almost each problem your Playstation may come across later on. In this post we’re going to glance specifically at PS3 YLOD difficulty that heavily plagues 1st by way of third technology Playstation 3s (also known as Extra fat PS3 types).
Why Does the PS3 YLOD Come about?
Just one main purpose (99% of the time) why your Playstaion three would knowledge a YLOD is that if it experienced overheated. Overheating a PS3 would trigger solder balls under the techniques CPU and GPU to be brittle and crack. This can be because of a structure flaw from the Playstation 3 since the console is unable to eliminate the heat that it’s creating.
Get it done Yourself: PS3 YLOD Resolve
1x Playstation three with YLOD
1x 1500W industrial heatgun
1x Bottle of no-clean flux
1x Roll of masking tape
1x Tamper-proof T-screw driver
1x Phillips screwdriver
1x Heat resistant area
1x Pack of cotton balls
1x Bottle of Acetone and Rubbing Alcoholic beverages
1x Tube of thermal paste
Summary of Steps-
1) Shut down your Playstation 3 and ensure all power cables are unplugged (Safety first!).
2) Get rid of the guarantee seal situated previously mentioned the harddisk disk bay. Then make use of the tamper-proof T screwdriver take away the screw that retains the highest go over on the PS3.
3) Making use of your Philips screwdriver take away every one of the screws securing the highest shell in the PS3.
4) Meticulously disassemble the removable parts (Energy supply, Blue-ray generate, Blue tooth board with wi-fi antenna, capacitance electrical power change, and also the HDD).]
5) Take away the screws securing the PS3’s motherboard. Eliminate the lover and warmth sink and heat sink shroud attached for the motherboard.
6) Working with the cotton balls soaked with acetone, clean up the thermal paste from CPU and warmth sink surfaces.
7) Tape motherboard down on a warmth resistant surface so that it sits flat (enjoy about having a corner on the area to find a good placement with the motherboard). Taping the PS3’s motherboard down will protect against it from warping under the warmth from the heatgun.
8) Utilizing the heat gun’s reduced location, warm up the entire motherboard (~3 minutes). Then implement the no-clean flux underneath the CPU and GPU liberally.
9) Make use of the heat gun’s higher location heat the CPU and GPU up. Hold the warmth gun about 1-2″ clear of the floor of your PS3 motherboard, but transfer the heat gun around the chips continuously to stop burn harm (persist for ~8-10 minutes).
10) Permit the motherboard to chill down for 20-30 minutes.
11) Reassemble the Playstation three to it truly is unique condition (watchful to interchange every screw and plug to its rightful location).
12) Plug the facility twine again in and turn to the PS3.
If carried out accurately, your Playstation three YLOD problem should be gone. This PS3 deal with need to acquire one to two hours relying on your own ability with electronics. For those who require a good more in depth, step-by-step mend walkthrough with photographs and anything you should search toward the underside on the article for a terrific guide which i use too.